Innovate Pasadena’s Connect Week Is Oct. 10-17
Innovate Pasadena, a nonprofit community organization dedicated to advancing greater Pasadena as a hub of technology and design innovation, has announced that Connect Week 2021, a hybrid version of its annual event series, will be held Oct. 10–17.
This year, Innovate Pasadena invites participants to “reconnect” both virtually and in-person for a week-long series of talks, workshops, tours, networking mixers, and more — all created to spur engagement and encourage collaboration among and between some of the city’s most innovative businesses, organizations and individuals.
With more than a dozen events being planned by individual collaborators, Connect Week will showcase the wide array of technology, design, science and entrepreneurship that takes place in the greater Pasadena region. Some of the individuals and companies participating in Connect Week 2021 include:
• The Alliance for SoCal Innovation will match Series-A startups with venture capital investors through their SoCal Venture Pipeline program
• Coinciding with Connect Week, ArtCenter College of Design will host its own weeklong series of events focused on creative technology
• AI.LA (Artificial Intelligence Los Angeles) will engage Dr. Wei Gao and Dr. Tim Mullen in a conversation about machine learning, bioelectronics, and personalized medicine
• The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA) will host an open house for families interested in STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) with aerospace engineer and wunderkind Janelle Wellons
• Executive coach and “deep change” consultant David Shechtman will prep participants for a pandemic reset and help them consider how to evolve their business.
• Btech and e-Credit Union will provide real-world examples to help individuals and companies protect themselves from cyber attacks.
• The popular Friday Coffee Meetup will present StartupStarter co-founder Lorel Scott as he reveals his plans for the future of business education in an effort to democratize entrepreneurship.
• Paul Orlando, head of USC’s Incubator, will help participants learn about the ways technological, economic, social, regulatory and other factors lead to successful start-ups.
• The Research Methods and Data Science Meetup will help restaurateurs and hospitality experts leverage data analytics to improve performance.
From virtual tours and in-person networking opportunities to hackathons and pitch sessions, Connect Week has something for everyone. To view the full list of #Connect2021 events and for more information, including how to register, visit connectpasadena.com.
Connect Week is made possible by a network of collaborators who are passionate about connecting with one another and sharing their knowledge with the community, as well as sponsors invested in the notion that the greater Pasadena region has just as much to offer as Silicon Valley or Silicon Beach. Primary sponsors include the City of Pasadena, Spokeo, ArtCenter College of Design and Pasadena City College.
For more information, visit innovatepasadena.org.
- Sponsoring Organization: Innovate Pasadena
- Location or Venue: Pasadena