Glendale Tech Week Kicks Off Oct. 15
First published in the Oct. 8 print issue of the Glendale News-Press.
The city of Glendale has announced the return of Glendale Tech Week from Saturday, Oct. 15, to Thursday, Oct. 20.
The event highlights tech across the region showcasing some of its most advanced research and start-up companies.
“Our city leadership is committed to building an ecosystem to support innovation and entrepreneurship,” said Director of Community Development Bradley Calvert. “Glendale Tech Week provides an opportunity for us to bring together the people who drive tech in our city while helping us inspire the next generation of start-ups.”
Glendale Tech Week will feature exciting panel presentations exploring biotech, healthcare, entertainment, AI and Women in tech. Two of Glendale’s accelerators, the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) KidsX Digital Health Accelerator and Hero House, have also been working to put together a number of Tech Week activities.
“Tech is strong in our city, which is why it’s exciting to have this opportunity to celebrate,” said Deputy Director of Community Development/Economic Development Soua Vang. “It’s a great way to see the impact of our city’s accelerators that are driving the creation of new companies and founders and helping to grow our tech industry.”
Several signature events are returning to Glendale Tech Week:
• Celebrations kick off with MakerFest featuring free, hands-on activities and high and low-tech demonstrations for the entire family.
• Meet the Funders by CHLA KidsX Accelerator provides a look into the funding space with a start-up profile featuring the team from Expper Technologies. The panel of investors and industry experts will share their experience and perspective on how to set up the best funding strategy for any stage of a startup.
• Pitchfest brings together early-stage start-ups from Glendale and the Greater L.A. area to pitch their startups to a panel of venture capital investors.
• The event closes with its Glendale Tech Week Breakthrough 2022 Awards honoring individuals and companies who have done tremendous work in their respective fields, communities and workspaces.
Visit glendaletechweek.com for a full calendar of events, information and registration.
- Sponsoring Organization: Glendale
- Location or Venue: N/A