Unhoused Persons Need Help With Documents

First published in the April 16 print issue of the Burbank Leader.

In the April 2 print issue of the Burbank Leader, you carried a story about Ms. Sona Ter-Yegishyan, the city of Burbank’s new social worker. Here’s an idea for the city’s homelessness plan: Send Ms. Ter-Yegishyan to the Burbank Temporary Aid Center once a week to help our unhoused population get replacements for the important documents — driver’s licenses, birth certificates, etc. — that may have been lost or stolen. Without such documents, obtaining services from the county or state to which the individual might otherwise be entitled becomes impossible.

I should note that I am a volunteer at BTAC, and that the opinion that I expressed here is mine and mine alone.

Charles Petithomme